Network Services Handles
- Domain Name Service (DNS)
- IP Address allocation
- Internet 2 Access (the research and development network)
- Network Connectivity
- Network installation (Ethernet/ISDN/Wireless)
- Videoconferencing Support
To Report Connectivity Problems
If you suspect a network connection problem, please carry out the following checks before contacting the Help Desk.
- Check that the patch cable is firmly connected to your computer and the wall socket.
- Attempt a connection to an external Internet site (for example, www.ncbi.org). If this works then the network connection is unlikely to be faulty.
- Close all applications (save all open files first), reboot the computer and only start up the application you require.
- If the above fail to resolve the problem report the issue to the Help Desk at x8940 or submit your request online. You wll need to include the jack number that's listed on the jack on the wall and the location (building, floor and room number) of the jack.